Saturday, May 17, 2014

First Post...

This blog will be used as my electronic journal for EME6414 throughout Summer 2014.  I will journal my reflections on the course material, note and provide commentary on resources that I have found online, and document experiences related to the class. 

I have never created or utilized a blog before... so this could be awkward, informative, reflective, boring, or all of the above!  I am excited to use this type of tool though, while journaling my own experiences and reading what my classmates post.

And my first reflection is in fact not a weekly topic reflection... it's about this Blogger template.  The title of it is 'picture window', and yet the unfocused photo seems to me to be of a highway.  I find this a bit odd; shouldn't a picture window be looking out upon a beautiful canyon or breathtaking waterfall?  Not traffic.  At any rate, soon I hope to learn this blogging thing well enough to find a way to replace the photo with some fantastic and meaningful picture that I took myself!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I agree. Once you get the hang of it, I am sure you will find a picture that has a beautiful scenery for your background :) This is definitely a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback! I did figure out how to put in a different photo... now the only problem is how tiny the photo file needs to be, yikes! For now, it's going to be my bike... until I find some other small photo in my collection :)

    ReplyDelete