Saturday, June 21, 2014

Analytics

In the 'overlap' theme that Dr. Dennen touched on in her blog last week... I am doing both the Web 2.0 and the Analytics course this summer too!  This week, since I found some challenge in locating education or discipline specific resources in our new technologies, I decided to look for analytics instead!  I found this interesting article linking analytics with online course discussion facilitation and intervention:
http://www.sfu.ca/~afw3/research/e-listening/resources/WiseEtAl-LAK2013-OnlineDiscussionAnalytics.pdf

One of the biggest things that I look to immediately take out of these courses is an ability to better encourage or develop the involvement of my students in online classes.  I love that this article uses analytics to help me see what techniques might do that in the format that I will be using (come fall, I will teach some Bb online only sections, instead of hybrids, yikes!).  We have explored more fancy and technical tools, certainly... but as I figure out which of those I will develop some comfort level with, I like the thought of improving my utilization of the tools already in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment