Saturday, June 7, 2014

Slideshare Exploration...


I tried to locate some appropriate resources or documents on slideshare, but my luck has not been too good as yet.  I have a hard time finding slideshares that are from reputable sources and containing really great information.  It seems difficult to figure out who posted things… I always want to know where things come from! 

I found an interesting overview of the history of veterinary technology, but the information stopped at about 2003, and the photos included in the slideshow were of very poor quality.  So it seemed to have accurate details, just not enough of them, and not a real eye-catching presentation. 


Then I found a slideshow about salaries in veterinary technology… this one is awful.  Grammar, terminology, and information on the slides are simply incorrect.  And it seems to be just pushing viewers to a website to read about veterinary technician salaries, but since it couldn’t properly describe the veterinary technician… I am a bit suspicious! 


But then I found this one… working dogs have long been a special interest of mine, so of course I had to look this one over!  In practice I volunteered with educational programs to help human partners of working K9s learn how to administer first aid and stabilize to their dogs following injury.  Currently, I have students participate in service learning projects where they volunteer with service animals (therapy/ PTSD/ assistance).  In recent years, the veterinary emergency and critical care discipline has learned a plethora of information from veterinarians who work in the various ongoing theatres throughout the Middle East.  The particular areas of trauma and first response in veterinary medicine have grown by leaps and bounds over the past five years.  I dare you to try and make it all the way through without a tear J

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment