Sunday, June 8, 2014

LinkedIn for Education


I was not previously familiar with LinkedIn as an educational tool, but I found some beneficial spots there while we explored it this week!  Perhaps more helpful to my students than to me, but at any rate… I can certainly use it for them.

I pretty easily found the education channel and many resources for college students, and found a really neat article written by the President of Sarah Lawrence College.  It focuses on the College’s identification of six abilities that students should develop in order to become leaders in today’s marketplace.  An assessment platform has also been developed in order for the College and faculty to track student progress as it relates to student achievement of the abilities.  I found this interesting because I teach a class in professional development and ethics, and a number of the critical abilities mentioned would be relevant topics to discuss in that course. 

1 comment:

  1. This is relevant for EME6356 during Week 5. You should share it there, too!

    ReplyDelete