Sunday, July 27, 2014

Tools by a different name...?


The number of tools that we have explored this term is huge... and needless to say, I find myself comfy with and returning to only about a half dozen of them.  I find myself feeling guilty about that occasionally, but really when I think about it; that's still a half dozen more tools than I had ever played with before, right?! 

I was doing a bit more experimenting with Scoop.it and found this veterinary news page:


 


I haven't quite figured out the connection yet, but the icon is for VetStreet, a pretty popular resource for CVTs and DVMs in practice, so this might be a good resource for me in the future.  The Scoop.it page pulls from all over the internet of course, and I see a number of sources on here that I have used previously.

This page even has a scoop that touches on a topic I deal with very regularly; a lack of public familiarity with what the veterinary technician is, what they do in practices, and how they might be a great resource for pet owners.  Every year during National Veterinary Technician Week, we try to do outreach efforts to help acquaint the public, but it's a topic that keeps coming up.

I took the hint and kept digging at VetStreet, and found that they have a page on their home website very similar to scoop.it!  It's called Pet Scoop... imagine that!  Here are the scoop home and search pages:


Very interesting, yes?!  They compile stories from all over the web that are vet-centric and post links, photos, and summaries.  Looks like they might have been inspired by Scoop.it!  Neat application of the idea to a dedicated website.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment